|Rohit Gurunath Sharma
|Hitman, Ro, Shaana
|Date of Birth:
|April 30, 1987
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Cricket and Music
|173 cm, 1.73 m, 5'8"
|Weight in KG:
|72 kg, 159 lbs
|Purnima Sharma (Housewife)
|Gurunath Sharma (Businessman)
|Swami Vivekanand International School
Rohit Sharma's Biography
When Rohit Sharma made his debut in Ranji Trophy, the cricketing fraternity perhaps knew that the Indian cricketer would go to become a star in world cricket. A man who has so much time to play his shots, watching Rohit Sharma bat has been a treat to watch right from his under-19 days.
Since his domestic cricket days, Rohit Sharma was potentially looked like India’s ideal number four batsman. However, his inconsistency and knack of giving away his wicket never allowed him to cement the spot in the initial years of his career. After a few years of being in and out of the side, Rohit Sharma finally found consistency, thanks to MS Dhoni’s decision to make him open the batting in the 2013 Champions Trophy.
Today, Rohit Sharma has become a vital cog in India Team. He is the vice-captain of the Indian Cricket Team. The Indian cricketer exhibited a stupendous show in the 2019 World Cup, where he struck as many as 5 centuries, becoming the first player ever to do so in the history of the perennial tournament.
Rohit Sharma's Personal Information
Rohit Sharma Age: Rohit Sharma is currently 33 years old. He made his debut at just 20 years of age. Given that he isn’t getting any younger, fitness has to be the topmost priority for Hitman if he wants to play the 2023 World Cup.
Rohit Sharma Birthday: Rohit Sharma’s birth date is 30th April. He was born on 30th April 1987.
Rohit Sharma Height: Rohit Sharma is 5 feet and 8inches tall.
Rohit Sharma's Family Information
Born on 30th April 1987, never his family thought that he would one day go on to become one of the greatest Indians batsmen to have played the game. Rohit Sharma, father, Gurunath Sharma was a caretaker in a transport firm storehouse. Considering the fact that Rohit Sharma didn’t have affluent parents, he was raised by his grandfathers and his uncle in Borivali.
On 13 December 2015, Rohit Sharma tied the knot to Ritika Sajdeh.
Rohit Sharma's Career Stats
# Domestic Cricket: In March 2005, Rohit Sharma made his ListA debut against Central Zone in the Deodhar Trophy at Gwalior. Turning up for West Zone, he scored an unbeaten 31 run-knock, escorting his team to a 3-wicket win. His first-class debut for India came against New Zealand in 2006, while he made his Ranji Trophy debut in 2006-07. He immediately grabbed the headline after scoring 205 off 267 balls against Gujarat.
# International Cricket: Rohit Sharma made his first steps in international cricket in the T20 World Cup game against South Africa. Called in as a last-minute replacement for injured Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma scored a fine half-century and helped his side register victory. He made his one-day international debut against Ireland in from 2007.
After being in and out of the side for the initial few years of his career, Rohit Sharma became a vital cog in the Indian side after being promoted to the opening position. The Hitman is currently the vice-captain of the Indian Cricket Team.
Rohit Sharma's IPL Career
If there’s anything has played a significant role in turning the fortunes of Rohit Sharma, then that is the Indian Premier League. The Indian cricketer has been the most successful captain in the cash-rich league, having won the titles for as many as four times.
He began his IPL career with Deccan Chargers in the inaugural edition of IPL. He displayed master-class performances in the 2008 edition, where he amassed 404 runs in 13 matches at an average and a strike rate of 136 and 147 respectively.
While he wasn’t scoring a great number of runs in International cricket, his performance in the IPL kept him in contention. He played two more years for Deccan Charger before he was purchased by Mumbai Indians in 2011.
Rohit Sharma has been one of the most successful batsmen for Mumbai Indians. He is regarded as arguably the best captain in the history of IPL. Sharma led his team to win titles in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.
Rohit Sharma's Awards & Achievements
1. Rohit Sharma has the highest individual score in ODIs – 264. He scored 263 runs against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens on 13th November 2014.
2. Rohit Sharma is the only player to have hit three double centuries in ODIs.
3. Rohit Sharma is the second Indian with centuries in all formats of cricket (other than Suresh Raina).
# Awards and Accolades:
1. Rohit Sharma was honoured with ‘Arjuna Award’ in 2015.
2. Rohit Sharma was awarded the Golden Bat award for scoring most number of runs in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
3. Rohit was awarded with the ESPNcricinfo best ODI batting award for his outstanding knock of 106 runs of 66 balls in T20.
4. He has also won ESPNcricinfo best ODI batting performance award for his two double ODI hundreds which he scored in 2013 & 2014.
Rohit Sharma's Net Worth
Rohit Sharma is currently one of the most sought after cricketers and the repute he has earned in the International cricket world has helped him in the financial terms as well. Talking about his net worth, it currently stands as $18.7 million which is equal to 124.5 crores.
His net worth comprised of income coming from his BCCI contract, Match fees, IPL contract, and other commercial endorsements. Rohit Sharma is also been quoted as a big “Car lover” and currently owns a big fleet of luxury cars at his place which includes some big brands like Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Porsche.
He earns around 7 crores annually from brand endorsements. He endorses brands such as Swiss watch company, Hublot, Pepsi, Emami, and Panasonic etc.
Rohit Sharma's Controversies
1. When Rohit Sharma unfollowed Virat Kohli: The news of Rohit Sharma unfollowing Virat Kohli from Twitter after a reported fall-out between the two led to a huge controversy. This was certainly one of the most talked-about incidents on social media for quite some days. To that, Anushka Sharma too took to Instagram and shared a cryptic message, which said, “A wise man once said nothing”. Only truth can shake hands with silence in a mess of false appearances.
2. Rohit Sharma rift with David Warner: During India’s tour to Australia in 2014-15, Rohit Sharma was indulged in the rift with Aussie player David Warner when the latter asked him to ‘speak English’ insultingly and this raised many eyebrows from the cricket fraternity. Eventually, Warner said sorry to him and the matter got closed.
Rohit Sharma's Social Media
Rohit Sharma remains quite active on social media. He posts regularly on his social media handles. He has 14.2 million followers on Instagram and more than 16 million on Twitter.